See the forest. And the trees. And the woodland creatures.
A successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive, able to work both as a team member and independently, thoughtfully react to evolving client requirements, and be able to deliver sound conclusions based on available data, results, outside research, and other documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Understand client business needs, design data structures and attribute implementations, and select analyses that are consistent with project goals
- Identify the proper unit of analysis (individual, segment, population) and perform statistical and data mining analyses to support our clients’ marketing objectives
- Validate data, specify data transformations, and work closely with multiple internal teams to ensure that we have actionable data for analyses and reporting to support our clients' strategic and tactical directions
- Develop test plans for accurate and statistically valid reporting and conduct quality tests of measurement results for online initiatives
- Make optimization recommendations based on analyses to support integrated campaign strategy, including targeting and response measurement, email performance, local search, and banner advertising
- Perform advanced analyses to identify KPIs and drivers of customer behavior
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate everyone working on a project with well-thought-out ideas and direction
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters in an analytical discipline (market research, economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science)
- Eight or more years of experience in marketing analytics, with a command of the terminology, methods, strategy, fundamental metrics, and the role of data in optimizing campaigns
- Understanding of basic and advanced data and analysis concepts
- Experience transforming data into a form suitable for the desired statistical or data mining analysis
- Ability to successfully make decisions about data and analyses based on the business questions to be answered
- Proven track record of formulating and testing hypotheses that maximize business value for the client
- Demonstrate client service excellence and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while achieving results with accuracy and precision
- Functional/technical proficiency in work, with a desire to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Team player who is comfortable working with a cross-functional, collaborative group of interactive marketing professionals
- Experience with reporting on complex projects involving multiple response groups under a variety of treatments, or A/B testing experience
- Competency in a some of the following tools: SQL, SPSS, SAS, Data Modeler, ExactTarget, Webtrends, Google Analytics, Omniture, Insight, Tableau
- Experience with Microsoft data repositories
- A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication
- Research and analysis
- Documentation skills
- Detail orientation
- Time management
- Problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and climb stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in client office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however may vary.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To apply please email us at: Careers@Catalysis.com