The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for driving new business by managing all phases of the sales cycle from prospecting to close. The succesful candidate is a driven, smart, straightforward, natural networker who loves the hunt as much as the win and who has the confidence and inner strength to persevere within a competitive space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies opportunities and contacts potential leads in pursuit of new business
- Builds and nurtures a new business pipeline and meets revenue targets
- Establishes accurate sales forecasts to meet company objectives
- Listens to clients and creates marketing strategies and solutions for their marketing needs that brilliantly blend the organization’s creative, development, and data talents
- Leads proposal development and client presentations
- Conducts research and analysis and delivers high-value, insightful, and measurable solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of the marketplace and client goals and objectives
- Collaborates closely with the client services team to ensure proposed strategies and solutions can be effectively executed
- Publicly represents Catalysis through participation in professional and community organizations
- Represents client needs to internal project team members
- Educates clients and maintains timely, ongoing client communication
- Measures program portfolio success
- Participates in Catalysis marketing activities and cross-team planning efforts
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of related experience (consulting or agency experience strongly preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Documented track record of success in prospecting, pitching, and closing sales
- Experience selling digital marketing services preferred
- In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thick skin
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however this may vary.
The preceding position description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To apply please email us at: Careers@Catalysis.com