A successful back end developer is a self-starter with the ability to solve system-related software problems with a focus on web development and web support. Also essential are the communication skills necessary to convey abstract concepts to both technical and non-technical peers. Works on web, API, service, mobile and desktop applications and contributes to developing the architecture of n-tier solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop software solutions in accordance with development requirements for time and on budget
- Develop demos/proofs of concept at the application layer of n-tier solution systems
- Use Lead and Project Managers’ guidance to translate customer requirements interpretation and translate into technical documentation that spans presentation and application layers
- Identify and communicate application requirements and dependencies to team members
- Help estimate development costs
- Resolve code problems and provide bug fixes for legacy and new n-tier systems
- Analyze system analysis feedback and identify missing/incomplete user scenarios required to develop n-tier applications
- Find deficiencies in customer requirements and make adjustments to address them prior to release
- Maintain ongoing applications and escalate to appropriate technical resource as needed, including on-call support
- Provide cross-skill pollination of skills to other team members
- Proactively share competitive insight that enables better designs across projects and during code reviews
- Investigate and stay up-to-date with new application layer technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or related field or 4+ years of experience as a combination of systems development and/or web development; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and technical risk assessment abilities
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, fast paced, open team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- .NET Framework (C#, ASP.NET)
- Web Forms
- HTML, CSS
- Git Version Control
- SQL development
- SDLC in an Agile methodology
- UML or similar
- Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Kentico and/or Sitecore)
- Experience/familiarity with the following are a plus:
- Database design and development
- Mobile Development
- DevOps Azure, AWS
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and climb stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in an office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, it may vary.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To apply please email us at: Careers@Catalysis.com