The Marketing Strategy Consultant works within our Marketing Analytics team to support our agency in the planning, design, and performance of the specific marketing objectives of our clients. The successful candidate will be well versed in advanced data and analysis concepts, naturally inquisitive, able to work both as a team member and independently, deliver sound conclusions based on available data, results, outside research, and other documentation, and thoughtfully react to evolving client requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of a client's business context, objectives, marketing programs, and customer behavior to identify high level business requirements for marketing solutions.
- Work with internal and client teams to design, create, deploy, measure, and optimize enterprise marketing strategies across marketing channel programs.
- Develop test plans for accurate and statistically valid reporting and conduct quality tests of measurement results for online initiatives.
- Make optimization recommendations based on analyses to support integrated campaign strategy, including targeting and response measurement, email performance, local search, and banner advertising.
- Perform advanced analyses to identify KPIs and drivers of customer behavior.
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate everyone working on a project with well-thought-out ideas and direction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters in an analytical discipline (market research, economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science)
- Eight or more years of experience in marketing analytics, with a command of the terminology, methods, strategy, fundamental metrics, and the role of data in optimizing campaigns
- Understanding of basic and advanced data and analysis concepts
- Experience transforming data into a form suitable for the desired statistical or data mining analysis
- Ability to successfully make decisions about data and analyses based on the business questions to be answered
- Proven track record of formulating and testing hypotheses that maximize business value for the client
- Demonstrate client service excellence and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while achieving results with accuracy and precision
- Functional/technical proficiency in work, with a desire to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Team player who is comfortable working with a cross-functional, collaborative group of interactive marketing professionals
- Experience with reporting on complex projects involving multiple response groups under a variety of treatments, or A/B testing experience
- Competency in a some of the following tools: SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Marketo, ExactTarget, SFMC, Webtrends, Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe Insight
- A high level of proficiency in in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication
- Documentation skills
- Research and analysis
- Detail orientation
- Time management
- Problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb stairs. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however may vary.
The preceding position description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To apply please email us at: Careers@Catalysis.com